Do you want to skip the hassle of waiting around at the barber shop for your turn to get your hair trimmed? Then the Remington short cut clipper is ideal for you. This short cut clipper is one of a kind. It’s the world’s only curved cutting system. The Remmington SCC100R has wide, curved titanium blades and a brilliant self-sharpening function that keeps your blades razor sharp. The blades are made from titanium, so they’re very durable and will last for years to come.
The curved blade technology is designed to fit the contour of your head. Its zoom wheel has five length adjustments for different styles and lengths and a pop-up trimmer for trimming around the ears. It comes with a balding comb, a cleaning brush and blade oil. It also has a charging indicator so you can tell when the clipper is charging.
Like any product, the SCC100R has its strong points and weak points. Here’s a rundown of each to help you decide if this electric shaver is right for you. First, the advantages of the SCC100R:
- It has a 2-year warranty. It also has a 60 day guarantee so if you are not satisfied with the product within 60 days of purchase, you can send it back for a full refund.
- Its bi-directional cutting action chops your hair from two different angles.
- It’s easy to use. Simply pass the SCC100R back and forth over your head and it will take care of the rest.
- The clipper is light weight and fits comfortably in your hands.
- It’s not too loud to use while others are at home. The buzzing sound it makes is at a very reasonable volume—it’s more of a gentle
- Its comb like design manages to cut well even on areas that are hard to reach, such as the back of the neck.
- Its smart design will give you a smooth and slick hair cut without irritating your scalp or causing itchiness.
- It’s easy to clean. A quick rinse is all that is needed in between uses, though a more thorough clean ought to be done periodically. Regardless, it saves a significant amount of time and money compared to visiting the barber every three or four weeks.
Obviously the reasons to buy the Remmington are compelling, but the SCC100R is not perfect. Here are some of its notable drawbacks:
- The edging trimmer that comes with the SCC100R isn’t as good as the regular edging tool. It’s less powerful and generally functions at a lower level.
- The Remington SCC100R doesn’t operate when it’s plugged in for charging. This can certainly be inconvenient if you need to use it but the battery is drained.
- The battery doesn’t last as long as it should. It could even die during your shave depending on how long it takes. After 20 or 30 minutes of use, you should take note that time is running out. You’ll have to wait for the shaver to re-up if it dies on you during use before you can continue.
- The guards are fragile. Changing them can be a bit tricky, so you need to be careful.